Contact: Izmaylov, Svetlana 916-481-1812
Local Auto Insuranceand Tax Services
Offers Tips to Help You Save on Auto Insurance
Sacramento, CA, 95841 – Purchasing the auto insurance that is right for you can be confusing, especially for first-time buyers. By learning the basics on how to get the most for your money, you can save on your auto insurance and feel confident you have adequate coverage. Local Auto Insurance and Tax Services, and Travelers, a leading provider of auto and homeowners insurance, offer these tips to lead you in the right direction when you purchase your car insurance.
- Be a safe driver. Drivers with good driving records can save as much as 60 percent over drivers who cause accidents.
- Enroll in a driving class. Drivers who complete a state-approved defensive driving course, or drivers under the age of 21 who take a driver training course, could qualify for savings.
- Buy a car that includes safety features such as anti-lock brakes, alarms or other security features, airbags, and automatic seat belts.
- Choose a higher deductible (what you pay before your insurance policy kicks in), which can mean paying less for your policy.
- Eliminate unnecessary coverages. If you drive an older car with little cash value, consider eliminating “collision” or “comprehensive” coverage, which pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Insure more than one car with the same company, and you may be eligible for savings.
- Insure your car and home with the same company. You could save money if you have more than one type of policy with the same insurance company (for example, an auto policy and a homeowner’s policy). The more good business you give the company, the more valuable you are as a customer.
- Look for low-mileage discounts if you car pool or do not put a lot of miles on your car annually.
- Check for student discounts such as a good student credit for maintaining a B average, or if a driver in your household is living away at school and not driving as much.
- Buy a safer car that will cost less to repair and less to insure. Check crash-test reports, repair records and manufacturer recalls of any car you are considering. A consumer protection magazine can be very useful or check car sites on the Internet.
Established in 2008, Local Auto Insurance and Tax Services is an independent insurance agency offering a full range of insurance products including AUTO, HOME and COMMERCIAL LINES.
For information and quotes on insurance coverage, please visit
Local Auto Insurance and Tax Services at 4501 Auburn Blvd. Ste. 103, Sacramento, CA 95841 or call 916-481-1812.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. The company’s diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage sold primarily through independent agents and brokers. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has operations in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Ireland. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.